HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 1st MLer! does anyone know what grain bullet I am shooting?
Old 01-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Gotbuck
Typical Buck

[quote=Northport buckslayr;3757714]
Just a side note it seems like bullets are similar to broadheads on archery forums, everytime you bring one up your gonna get some people that passionately hate a particular brand and some people that love them.

quote]

Northport, what I first did when I got into ML is get with friends and we went and purchased different bullets from all kinds of makers and shared them at the range to see what shot best out of our guns. Every single gun made will shoot different so you have to try all that you can. If a bullet does its job and kills game I do not care about how much weight was retained in the bullet after the kill, I skin em and hang em. All I can say is 250 grain Shockwaves work well in my guns and work on game so I use em and recommend them but I will not bash folks for using other brands as it is all based on your gun barrel and is not within your control. If you gun shoots well with powerbelts then use em lots of folks use em with no issues.