HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 1st MLer! does anyone know what grain bullet I am shooting?
Old 01-14-2011, 08:26 AM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Northport buckslayr

Just a side note it seems like bullets are similar to broadheads on archery forums, everytime you bring one up your gonna get some people that passionately hate a particular brand and some people that love them.

It does say however on powerbelts website that you are not supposed to get a pass through, and that most people who have had bad experiences with them where shooting 150 grains of pellets when they recommend only shooting 100 grains.
To be fair the only one I've seen that really likes the Powerbelts is MD, and that's because he gets them for free. You have to take his advice just like you would take it from a salesman. Not to mention that MD likes to advertise how great they perform with his inserts. So basically he admits you have to modify them to make them work decently.

As far as the best group, that's why I liked the Powerbelts. They were super accurate, but there performance was horrible. I ended up finding a bullet that's almost as accurate and performs great.

As for using 150 grains with Powerbelts, no way I'd ever do that. They like to be pushed slow. I tried 150 grains at a target and got horrible groups so I back down to 100 grains and that's when they shot great, but performed horribly. Even at 100 grains they like to fragment badly at close shots.