HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 1st MLer! does anyone know what grain bullet I am shooting?
Old 01-14-2011, 07:37 AM
builder459
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Northport buckslayr
Holy cow did I open up a can of worms! I just wanted to now if anyone knew the grain bullet I was shooting, i plan on putting a scope on it and trying it out at 100 yards. I was planning on trying several bullets and sticking with the one that gave me the best group. i just bought the kit because it came with all the accessories I needed and I figured it wouldnt take very long to go through 16 bullets at the range.

Just a side note it seems like bullets are similar to broadheads on archery forums, everytime you bring one up your gonna get some people that passionately hate a particular brand and some people that love them.

It does say however on powerbelts website that you are not supposed to get a pass through, and that most people who have had bad experiences with them where shooting 150 grains of pellets when they recommend only shooting 100 grains.
well said, but the truth is with a .250 gr bullet at that yardage it's a crap shoot as to if the bullet will pass through. a 300 gr bullet has a far better chance.unfortunately Md's own pictures of powerbelts he has tested are a great example of why not to use them..