HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 1st MLer! does anyone know what grain bullet I am shooting?
Old 01-14-2011, 06:52 AM
Breechplug
Nontypical Buck

I have shot 2 Deer that I can remember that were in the 180-200yd range that had complete pass throughs (Lung Area) that were shot with a 240gr XTP and 110gr's of Pyro RS. Now I suspect if I would have hit the Shoulder Bone or the opposite Shoulder on exit I may have not had a complete pass through. Bone takes a-lot of energy (what's left of it) away from a Bullet at those long yardages.
Now as far as Powerbelts, I have only tried them one time because I did'nt know any better, I figured if CVA recommended them then I might as well give em a shot. I shot them at a Target only, never on a Deer. They were ok accurate but the Price of them convinced me to find a better cheaper choice wich I did in the XTP. The XTP shot the Best out of all My CVA's so that's the one I stayed with and Im glad I did. Now if I were new to MLing and on this Forum and had the advice then that I did'nt have, I would have definately taken the advice of the experienced shooters that recommended me to try something better than the Powerbelt.
But if they work for you and you have never had a problem with them, then use them, it's your choice. Advice is just that, and it's up to the individual to either take it or not. Just remember the old line ( I told you so) That's what this Forum is all about (Advice)
(BP)