HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Let your child skip school to hunt?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 04:12 PM
justbrae1
Spike

Originally Posted by cuda67
School comes first. No question about it. Both my kids have 4.0 and they still found time to harvest their deer without missing school.
This is the reply I had been waiting for, since I had kept an eye on this thread.

I can only hope that you don't really believe that your kids have a 4.0 because you decided not to let them have quite possibly the time of their life.

I grew up in central Minnesota, and we had 4 days to hunt. Saturday and Sunday of the first 2 weekends in november. I was pulled from school the friday before the first weekend since I was 11 years old, not because I wanted to harvest a deer, but because I got to spend an entire weekend with my father, and a few close relatives while having the time of our life.

Not for one second, in all of these posts that are saying keep your kid in school, do I believe your kid will be the person you had hoped they would - and I'd take a guess that 99% of your kids won't be the next CEO for a fortune 500 company. If you only think every decision you make might have a negative outcome, you are never going to experience anything more thrilling than being out of your comfort zone.

I may only be 25 years old, but after getting to spend quality time with my father for those 25 years, I can say I've got a much more clear outlook on life than many of those who disagree with my post.

I watched my father fix my mothers problems who has suffered from depression since he met her, solved the "what if" questions because she didn't want to experience a bad outcome, and brought our family closer together than it has for the 25 years I've been alive - because he took risks that he knew would benefit me; not just today because I got to skip school, but because he taught me how to be a man that can keep calm in any situation, and not be the person who "didnt let them go to the party, because he thought there might be drugs and sex". Grow up.

your kids are experiencing sex at 12 and 13 years old in 2010, whether you want to believe it or not.

Last edited by justbrae1; 01-04-2011 at 04:14 PM.