HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Let your child skip school to hunt?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Sfury
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Terasec
no one is sayin g dont spend time with kids,
but spend your weekends/summers/holidays instead of taking kids out of school,
bet 90% that support pulling their kids out off school , are probably the ones spending weekends drinking and talking about it with their buddies, instead of spending the weekend with their kids
I would imagine that your percentage is way off.

If kids want to take off for the gun deer season they have to have passing grades and need to take some stupid sheet around to their teachers prior to getting the time off.

I work as an IT person in the local school district and I see kids taken out to go to Disney World with far less hassle, and with far worse grades than most of the kids I see take off for gun deer hunting.

I tend to see those that take the time to hunt often take the time to instill the proper work work ethic within their kids needed to survive in the real world. To hunt properly takes time and effort to succeed, and those parents who use the gun deer season as an incentive for their children are doing their kids a great service.

Assuming the kids are doing well in school, I can't see why it makes any difference letting them take time off to hunt vs taking time off to go on a family vacation.

It's when I see the troubled kids being taken out for the annual week long trips and falling further behind that I get upset. While I may not be a teacher, I am still part of a community of educators whose end goal is to educate the youth for tomorrow.