HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Let your child skip school to hunt?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 06:25 AM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Big Country,,

The last 7 years I taught 3rd grade regular ed...

here's is what I have seen those last 7 years on an average..for 16 students per classroom.

5 kids should have been labeled special ed..teachers biggest challenge...2 grade levels behind..70-85 IQs..real scary.
Lot's of tutoring and modifications to keep them from failing and pay each 50.00 to pass state test..these kids usally have all day since they all come with a thick cummlative folder.

2 that will need to be tested for gifted...real sharp ..great behaved kids..120--130 IQ
Straight As

3 Over achievers...normal intelligence but come from disciplined family..self-motivated
A or A/B average

6 average ..normal kids..C average

I have taught highschool as well..Same thing..same mix....A kid will not miss anything.
Along with the county curriculum which is elem. middle and high school..schools are generally given about 20 days to master each concept..your A/B kids only need to be shown once. In the highschool realm..most of thier grades are researched based anyways..

Honest..God as my witness ..I had a kid last year with SERIOUS problems...76 IQ..missed at least 25 days of school..drew swords and skeltons all day..and passed the state test with a very high score...secret..
Get your gets to read everyday..He would only read non-fiction but I gave him a coke for every book read and passed with 70% or higher

READING IS THE BEST WAY TO GET YOUR KIDS SMARTER!!

Last edited by Chuck7; 12-18-2010 at 06:29 AM.