HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:23 AM
emoffit
Spike

Default I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Ok, this is my first post here.

I've been hunting whitetails for 3 seasons now, in Northern Ohio. I get out every chance I get (usually on the weekends) and hunt primarily with my Tenpoint Titan. I did get a chance to go out 1 day of gun season this year and took my Super Redhawk .44.

So far in those 3 seasons, I've taken 1 shot. It was around 75 yards, with the revolver. I missed. It happens. I wouldn't call my hunts unsucessful, as I enjoy being out in the woods, and have a good time overall. I just wish I could get my chance to take a deer.

I'm kind of just ranting here, but if anyone has any advice, I'll take it. I normally get out before daylight, and, with my climber, go up around 20 ft. I'll sit for anywhere from 6 to 10 hours. I use scent control, on my body and my clothing.

Could it be that I am just setting up in the wrong location? This is my first season with permission for private land. I'm fairly certain the woods I'm in isn't over hunted. I've hunted public land during the previous 2 seasons, and I think there is just to much pressure there.

Thanks for listening.