HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Started the season with my muzzleloader, now I'm going to end the season with it
Old 12-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Breechplug
Nontypical Buck

I Love and Hunt the Late ML Season, it's My Favorite Season. I also Hunt Soybean and Corn Fields. I find that depending on the part of the Country your in the Deer have to eat and fill there Fat Reserves for the Winter. Here in NY the Deer Flock to these Fields and there's no better place to Hunt. My Favorite time to Hunt them is from 11 in the Morning untill 2 in the Afternoon. But I also will stay on Stand all day during our Late ML Season wich started yesterday as you just never know. Also this is also the time the Doe's come into there Second Esterous and it's a Great time to catch a Good Buck that has gone Nocturnal during most of the Regular Gun Season.
Depending on the Pressure your Deer have had makes a Big Difference in where to set up, if there's been ton's of Pressure I'd set up as close to the Bedding Grounds as possible to catch them just befor dark headong to the Fields.
When the Weather is Brutal and Downright Cold and Snowy they will feed just about anytime, they need to eat and if your on a Good Food Source then there's no better place to be. Also if you have a Good Doe in Heat Lure, use it. But and I have stressed this befor, HUNT the Mid Morning to Early Afternoon Times, you'll be Suprised at what you have been missing while most are at Home eating Lunch or taking a afternoon Nap befor heading back out for the afternoon Hunt.
Best of Luck to You!
(BP)