HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cover Scents
Thread: Cover Scents
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 08:02 AM
crenshaw
Typical Buck

I wash my clothes in either dead down wind or Baking soda. Keep my clothes in bags, and i dress when im at the place where im gonna hunt to try and keep other odors out of play. I spray down sometimes but not always, but i too focus more on wind direction. I dont want to smell like a human, but lets face a whitetail with all the carbon suits in the world on with 10 different cover scents can still pick you out from time to time. Id focus on the wind as your primary scent control along with the ways you enter the woods. I wear rubber boots and i still watch deer smell my footprints! Nothing is full proof, and if someone says it is there is either something new out no one has heard of, or there lying to you.

I dont use scent drags in stuff like that because where i hunt we have such a high volume of deer and they never seem to pay any attention to it.. i have done everything in the books and most of the time they will walk by with out paying attention. Granted other areas are different where the herd might be more dispersed.