HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - M-O-N-T-A-N-A, here we come !!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 02:28 AM
razu13612
Spike

I initially re-opened this thread to add a comment or two about some of the humorous and some not so humorous FUBAR's, SNAFU's, and episodes from our trip. THEN I read the replies. I was NOT going to respond to "clouded logic" but then I thought that a "shot across the bow" might be appropriate

Ya know, I kinda resent being called an "out of stater" with the negative connotations insinuated by some Big Sky residents. I suppose "technically" I am in that category, but just for the record let it be known that I have lived/worked in Fort Peck, Chinook, Havre, Shelby, and Great Falls. AND, I have family that still resides there, still works there, and owns property there. I moved to NY (NOT the City) because of family health issues.

IMO, Montana has some "screwed up" laws concerning residents, non-residents, guides, outfitters, and out of state property owners. BUT, that is their problem to get sorted out. In the meantime, I'll just pay the bucks and enjoy visiting family and the hunting.

I will NOT sink low enough to wish bad luck on any sportsman/woman visiting out of their resident home state, even though I think the $ disparity between residents/non-residents licenses needs to be addressed.

As far as "how was our luck".......... I guess I should just mention the fact that I just took some elk steaks from the freezer for dinner tonight and had Muley-Stewy for lunch yesterday!!!!! Not to rub salt in a wound (want to save all the salt I can for next years trip to treat/preserve hides) the count was 5 deer and 2 elk !!!!!!