HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Building a New Blind
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 03:52 PM
warbirdlover
Fork Horn

Default Building a New Blind

My old box blind 10 foot up on a tree is getting rickety and we're going to pull it down this summer. I'm building a new warmer, nicer blind on the ground. Here's my plan so far. Suggestions welcome.

I want a 8' x 4' rectangular blind a total of 8' high from the ground. I plan on making the floor one foot off the ground. The frame on the corners will be long so I can bury them (a foot?) in the ground for stability and I will use sheets of marine 3/4" plywood 4' x 8'. Two per long side and one per short side (8' going upward). I'll use a 4' x 8' for the roof and one cut slightly down for the floor. 2 x 4 pine for the frame and plexiglass for the flip up windows. I want to try to get some kind of edging for the plywood window "edges" so the squirrels don't eat into them. I'll put a sheet of rubber on the roof and one on the blind floor. I want to make in pieces (to haul in sil's pickup) and assemble on site. The windows will be about 15" max height to minimize view into the blind. I'm NOT a wood worker so any help, suggestions or ideas will be appreciated. Thanks.

Some pics of my old blind.... (check out my "urinal" LOL)
Attached Images      

Last edited by warbirdlover; 12-06-2010 at 03:55 PM.