HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A Salute to Generous Landowners
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Tracker II
Spike

Default A Salute to Generous Landowners

I just wanted to give a general salute to all you generous landowners out there who willingly allow others to hunt your land.

I have a co-worker (who later became a good friend) who generously allows me to hunt deer on his property. He also deer hunts the property but is kind enough to allow me to hunt it at the same time despite the limited space in which to hunt. This limited space means that if I shoot a deer before he does, he is done for the session as any other deer run away. He is also kind enough to get his tractor and retrieve the deer for me so we can gut it by his house. I try to pay him back in small ways but nothing can ever make up for him giving up his shot at a deer for that particular morning or evening session in such a short hunting season. Thank you John. I'm not sure that I could or would be so generous if I had such a setup. You humble me with your generosity.

And thank you to all you landowners who inconvenience yourselves by allowing us non-property owners to hunt your land. If you are also hunting, you may be costing yourself a deer. If you are not hunting, you may be inconveniently awakened by early morning gunshots. You may also have the background worry of what can go wrong anytime someone is on your property. Yet you guys give generously of your yourselves and your land. I hereby salute you and hope that your kindness will be repaid in this life and the next.

Sincerely,
Dennis