HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Savage and H&R Slug Guns, impressed
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 11:32 AM
ol eagle eyes
Spike

I've been experience I pretty high rate of jamming with mine... while target practicing it was maybe 1/3rd the time, the two shots I had at live targets the first one required a bit of fiddling to get the second round chambered and the big buck that took off running after I shot I wanted to get a second shot so I operated the bolt 'like I mean it' (which is usually what folks say works the best), that proceeded to jam the second shell like I really really mean it. After the buck dissapeared and I still had a stuck round I figured I'd have to get it unjammed on the bench back at the house. But another 30 seconds of prying and I finally got it. So in the field its a 100% jam rate at this point. I think when I carry it again if I can't resolve the issue I'm just going to put the clip in empty. Shouldnt need a second shot anywhere, my buck just took off and I wasnt sure, but he was indeed hit and downed just out of sight.

Originally Posted by Parrot Head
ol eagle eyes you get my message I senty you?
yep sorry I dont get on the forums every day.

Originally Posted by Parrot Head
I will tell you this I could not any Rem accutip anywhere no one has them. I could only find Hornady. I could not get them to pattern past 50 yards. Even at that far it was horrible. So bad I got the ML back out. So shells do make a the difference.
Yeah I can't find the Accutips anywhere either but I was able to get the Federals on cabelas and then came across them at the local store and were actually $4 cheaper per box so lucked out there.

Here is my last 5 shot 100 yard group using the led sled and 3" Fed eXpanders...
4 touching
Attached Images  

Last edited by ol eagle eyes; 12-04-2010 at 11:57 AM.