HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What has been your progression in bows and bow hunting?
Old 12-03-2010, 02:26 AM
PastorJim08
Nontypical Buck

Started out with a Bear Magnum recurve sometime in the early 80s. Then bought a Bear Whitetail Hunter, my first compound, from some department store that was going out of buisness. Shot that for a while until I got hooked up with a great archery shop in Muncie, IN. They got me hooked up with a Hoyt Pro Hunter. I'll tell you, that move from the Bear compound to the Hoyt was like going from a Corvair to a Caddilac. I shot that Pro Hunter for several years, then got a Hoyt Provantage. The radically deflex riser made it one of the most accurate bows I have ever shot. Also owned a Hoyt Pro Hunter Carbon Plus during that time. I owned 3 or 4 more Hoyts after that, don't remember the models, until 1998 when we had a house-fire and my bow was destroyed. Bought a Hoyt Oasis from Anderson Archery in Mich. and kept it until last year when I shot a Bowtech for the first time. I was hooked and purchased a Bowtech Captain, which is my current bow. Thanks for helping me take a trip down memory lane.

Blessings.....Pastorjim