HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What has been your progression in bows and bow hunting?
Old 12-02-2010, 12:20 PM
chazspot
Nontypical Buck

Started off with a Bear model and then replaced it with a XI Impact. Used that for a while and then a friend at work said he hurt his shoulder and was going to switch to a crossbow. He wanted to dump his compound bow. This was back in the mid 90's. He said he had a Mathews bow and it was a good bow. I took his word for it and bought the whole kit and kaboodle. He included some arrows and other stuff.

That bow fit me like a glove! It shot nice and smooth too. I forget the model name. I started downing any deer that came close. I was dangerous and accurate with that bow!

Used it for about ten years and thought it was time to upgrade to what I have now. Mathews Drenalin. It shoots nice, but unfortunately the dealer sold it to me with too long of a draw and I have spent way too much time trying to compensate for the extra length. I finally fixed it a few weeks ago. I'll see how this goes now and if it doesn't feel like the old Mathews then I might have to say buh bye to the ol' Drenalin.