HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - To those of you who like the challenge of hunting the big, big bucks...
Old 12-01-2010, 05:15 PM
JakeGrice
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
Yeah Ive never killed a deer over 4.5 or one over 120" The ones in my profile album are the best Ive killed, then again I dont live in IL either.

So tell me since youre such an expert on mature bucks, how many you killed "sport"? while youre at it, explain how it is that you killed such an intelligent creature? could it be that they just happen to walk within range of your stand while you just happen to be in it? explain to me how mature deer get killed by inexperienced hunters? how do they manage to get hit by cars, or get hung up on fences? Youd think such an intelligent animal would only ever die of old age, right? Wrong, mature deer die every year for a myriad of reasons, i think its simply because their luck had finally run out.
Sorry buddy but you couldn't be more wrong. Mature bucks are killed by hunters usually because of the rut. Usually mature bucks are smart enough to stay in thickets and standing corn because they know it is safe. How often do u see a monster buck step out and feed in a bait pile? And big bucks do get hit by cars your right but that doesnt mean there dumb animals at all. they may have been chasing a doe or had been spooked. Usually Nice bucks will come and feed after dark because they are more mature and know better.