HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Simplifying Shed Hunting.
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 12:02 PM
my7pointmonster
Nontypical Buck

Default Simplifying Shed Hunting.

After searching the woods for a long time and also trying to figure out new ways to simplify the process of shed hunting I figured out a way to make deer bring the shed to you.

I'm posting this now because I think the deer will need time to get accustomed to this. Anyhow, here's what you do

Make some stakes you'll need 5 out of wood (Cheap stuff 2x4 scraps) I rip mine down to 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 poles and drive them into the ground I don't know how long to make them I just sorta go with whatever, I think about 24" long is about right. Anyhow
Drive them into the ground in an "X" and then take chicken wire and line them with chicken wire, Then what your gonna do is put some type of bait of your choosing around the outside, until they get accustomed to it and until its time for them to shed their antlers, then when that time comes put the corn inside the X's they'll put their head in and get it caught in the chicken wire and hopefully, it'll pop them loose, simplifying the whole process. (This is all in theory I've never tried them just seemed logical to me anyhow)

Any ideas or ways to make this better I'd love to hear them

Ryan.

Very Crude Drawing.
Name:  shed catcher.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  10.6 KB