HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Buck + Lost blood trail= Worst two days of my life!
Old 11-29-2010, 04:55 PM
BOWHUNTER818
Nontypical Buck

Yeah your story is very similar to mine this season. I was hunting a clear cut with a Gun and my huntin buddy was hunting about 200 Yards away. Well i heard him shoot and since i wasnt seeing any thing i had gotten down to go help him track his deer. Well we find it in no time and get it drug to the edge of the woods, well him and myself are walking up to the hunting shed to get the 4-wheeler and we look out into the feild about 300-400 yards away and see this MONSTER Buck out in the feild, he stare's at us and then goes into the woods, well i grab my gun and run back to the clear cut where i thought he was going to come out, well sure enough i guess he saw me and came running into the feild well it was like a 80-90 yard standing shot. I Hit him right under the spin but not low enough for the Vitals. We let him lay for about 3 hours and we found small specks of blood for like 50 yards and then for about 100 yards, it looked like someone was pouring blood out of a gallon jug, then he jumped the ditch and it went back to small specks for about 500-600 yards and then we lost blood..I trailed for 3 days and what seemed like miles..with no Luck..it sucks

Im sick still about it, it was one of the biggest bucks i have ever had the oppertunity to shoot and he got away. I have a Feeling that he is still alive, but i dont know to be honest. But you have to keep hunting i guess..just thought i would share.

-BH818

Last edited by BOWHUNTER818; 11-29-2010 at 05:00 PM.