HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Where you hunt?
Thread: Where you hunt?
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 04:31 PM
dpj1030
Fork Horn

Ya I used to hunt a lease growing up and it had alot of pressure around it so we could never get big bucks because the people around us were not on the same management plans as us. They were shooting anything and everything that walked! Ehh, and Only being 400 acres and a weird shape it was bordering alot of Cattle fields with shooting houses in the middle shooting every day. On numerous occasions I would let a small 6 or 8 walk and a few minutes later here a shot right on top of me. I would walk to the fence line and the Ole boy would be dragging the buck I just passed behind the 4 wheeler.....Now, On my private land behind my house Its in a Urban are that backs up to probally 150 acres. There are does all back in there and small bucks here and there. The biggest one I Got on my trail cam last year was a 6 point and he was probally only 13 inches wide. What can I do about this? I think the Genetics are horrible back there. .....

On my other time I hunt some Public land that has alot of pressure. There is alot of planted pines that are very very very over grown and thick! and Alot of swamp on the other half. there aint very many plots but where there is, there is thick cover around just hard to get back in there. What would yall do for all these places. Need help