HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lessons you had to learn the hard way.
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 03:58 AM
VAhuntr
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
Check your zero every season and after every miss or bad hit with the ammo you plan to use...

Shoot your bow from you tree stand, with full hunting gear on and with the broadheads you will hunt with...

You can not beat a deer's nose, forget the fancy scent absorbing products, learn where the deer will come from and hunt the wind...

In addition to 2 flashlights and extra batteries, take a clip on flasher type light...When you kill a deer in the evening, clip on a limb over your deer so you and your buddies can find it in the dark...

Cheap scopes are just that and will cost you a deer...I'd rather hunt with a cheap rifle than a cheap scope...
Excellent tips! I especially like the idea of the clip on flashing light. That item will be in my pack for next season!

Have a plan to get out of a tree if your stand completely fails and your are left hanging by your harness. If are not familiar with "suspension trauma", read up on it.