HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Double Tap .357 Magnum 200gr WFNGC Hardcast--Up To The Task?
Old 11-23-2010, 07:59 AM
finnbear
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Southern Shooter
Hi,
I was wondering if that is truly your opinion on that round. I guess my living in the in the Southeastern part of the U.S. leaves me with a different impression of the ballistics. Of course, black bears (which I have never encountered) and wild hogs are the largest animals I would really have to think of bumping in to.

Thanks
I think it would work fine on the hogs and maybe small bear...but again I don't think I would trust my life to a solid lead bullet!!
they can be unpredictable. heck any bullet can do some mighty strange stuff once it hits flesh and bone, particuarly BONE but solid lead bullets more so hardcast or not!!! here in the state of washington that would not be a legal hunting round

Elmer Kieth shot a deer at 600yds with a 4in barreled pistol.... I know he was a great shot, legendary, unrivaled ...but do U really think that it was nothing short of pure luck that he got that deer,not to mention a totally unethical shot it would have been so easy to just wound the deer only to have it run off and die a SLOW painful death due to lead poisoning!!!

yes solid bullet do well on penetration, sometime they over penetrate hardcast or soft with no expansion...ask the NYC cops of the olden day they carried S&W mod 10 for the most part with 38 special 148grn solid lead bullets ...not a man stopper by anymeans...even after transitoning to newer .357's they still were regulated to shootin the .38's in them even though the rnd performed poorly

I want a bullet that will open and transfer even more shock to the target.....just sayin