HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Hunter here, questions about shotguns
Old 11-23-2010, 05:31 AM
jckoenig
Spike

Default New Hunter here, questions about shotguns

Hey all, this is my first post on this site so I am going to introduce myself first. My name is Jon, married with a 7mth old. I live in CT and I have always been into the outdoors, but have finally decided to start the hunting adventure.

I have a few friends that hunt and I have been getting a ton of recommendations from them, problem is they all are somewhat contradict each other.

As of right now I am only going to be going with either on gun, or one bow. I havent decided which I would rather start out with.

I am interested in hunting deer, goose, duck, ect. One of my buddies recommended a 12 gauge shotgun with different barrels that way I could do them all with that one gun. One friend said thats not a good idea and I should get a rifle. One said go with a bow. Hahaha

So, with just a rifle or bow i am obviously stuck to just deer, and the shotgun setup I can do them all.

What would you guys recommend? I am a CCW holder and I carry most of the time, and I am interested in getting a shotgun to add to the collection for home defense anyways.

Thanks for all the help and info you have to offer! I searched on here for days, but didnt find exactly what I was looking for.