HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What month is best month to use bait for deer
Old 11-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Beezer
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by clwag
Out of curiosity, do deer hunters who also fish, feel the same way about baiting and high-fenced hunts as they do about chumming (where legal) and pay lakes? I was just wondering if folks viewed the practices in the same context.

Keep your line in the water and your powder dry.
I'm not sure I understand the context of you question. I use corn, it's legal where I hunt and I wouldn't use it if it wasn't. When fishing I fish in saltwater only, and I chum because it increases the bite. In saltwater, chum brings the bite and that's what it's about.

As for high-fenced hunts, whatever floats your boat. I don't really care what another does as long as it doesn't infringe on my enjoyment of my property and it's legal. Would I hunt high-fence? Probably, but I wouldn't pay to do it. In my opinion hunting, just like fishing, is about putting food on the table, I eat everything I fish and hunt for. Hunting inside a high fence would be nothing more than hunting where I do now, shopping for groceries.