HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What’s the proper balance of family (or significant other), chores and hunting?
Old 11-22-2010, 05:19 AM
M92
Spike

I hear ya, and I think we all have this problem.

Me Im lucky, I'm oil field trash now, so I work two weeks on, two weeks off. So I get plenty of days to hunt. However, by the time I go on days off my wife and kids want time. The boys do sometimes go out with me. But on days when I take em out they are our days, it cant really be called hunting. They are too young to sit in a stand for more than 30 minutes without talking and wanting to get down and walk around. When we "stalk" we still arent productive, they ohh and ahh at every track scrape or dropping. So, I take em out on Sundays cause we cant hunt.

The wife is pretty understanding, but I could tell she was wanting more time with me, so I opted to stay home this morning, put the kids on the bus and let her sleep in a little bit, with the intent of her getting up after the kids went to school and spending some time.

She is still sleeping, so it won't happen again. I only have two days of hunting left (next days off we have to go visit family in Iowa, and I wont have another days off till after season closes.