HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - West Kentucky 8-Pointer
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 11:02 PM
Maddog10
Fork Horn

Default West Kentucky 8-Pointer

Well the day started when I took my girlfriend out for her first ever hunt. That morning we saw 4 does and a big spike, but no shooters. So we come home, grab some lunch and a quick nap, and head back to the woods. It had been a pretty slow afternoon, but around 4:15 this guy came through. I'm thrilled to have filled the freezer, but I must say I was just slightly disappointed when I got to him as far as the rack went. The day before I saw a really big 8 but never had a shot on him. Well today this guy came moving through really fast with his nose on the ground and there was only one lane where I had a shot on him. I thought he was the big boy so I stopped him and took the shot. Don't get me wrong, he's a great deer and I'm glad to have him. I just would have liked to give him another year because then he would have really been a shooter. I figure he's only a 2 1/2 year old... I passed on this same deer broadside at 20 yards opening morning and would have again today had I known, but he'll taste just as good as that big 8 so I'm pretty happy!

Notice the lucky hat... haha