HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - cva wolf acurate
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 11:05 AM
hardwoodhank
Spike

The wolf was the first BP gun I bought, mainly for the price to start my muzzleloading hunting. My first season, with stock iron sights I shot 2 does, a buck and a turkey.

The second year I put a scope on it and its my gun of choice. Ligt and packs a punch . I have scoped it in @ 100 yrds and can shoot a 3" group anytime of day. Alot of people I know that shoot them only use 2 pellets, but I have always shot the magnum load (3) wih 295 platinum aerotip Powerbelt sabots.

The deer I took this year was literally 10 ft from me from tree stand. I put the cross hairs just above the left shoulder and at the angle I was shooting it was a direct heartshot and he dropped in his tracks, without an exit wound. I will not get rid of mine unless it gets run over by a freight train. I camo'ed it with realtree AP, and scope is camo, so is sling. I love it when carrying a full pack and its so light I hardly notice its there.

Be careful of the ramrod holder towards tip of barrel. Mine broke off while carrying my climber stand over shoulder and have heard of others coming off if it hits something. Thats my only problem with it after 5 BP seasons.

This is the 9 pt I got second season with the wolf @ 75 yards

And this is this years buck with the wolf

Last edited by hardwoodhank; 11-21-2010 at 11:07 AM.