HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What do you technical pros think?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 05:40 AM
travis_ranger2000
Spike

Originally Posted by aread
This is where we are in complete agreement. An eyeball tune from someone as competent as you is good enough for accuracy at hunting distances.

You're a bit better at the eyeball than I am. I usually can't get closer than 6" or 8".

For any archer shooting any distance, that level of set up is adequate as a place to start. Then the tuning begins. I'm of the opinion that if you ain't shooting, you ain't tuning. Lasers and other gizmos are just for set up. But that's just a matter of semantics.

Allen
This is not true: Lasers and other gizmos are just for set up. But that's just a matter of semantics.
After laser tuning your bow, and then shooting it to see whats going on, if the bow is not shooting perfect as some models may not, do your final adjustments till it is perfect, then put your laser bow tuner back on and record where everything is set, now you can always go back and check your specs to this, which means you can set your bow back to where its perfect in a matter of mins. Out of all the bows that I have laser tuned the only thing that has had to be moved was the sights.