HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - blood Tracking a buck?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 08:47 AM
trailrider894
Fork Horn

Default blood Tracking a buck?

hey guys, i shot a buck last night right before dark. He came up behind my tree stand and got startled by me turning my gun to the right side. He jumped and took of about 10 yards, and i yelled. He stopped, quartering away from me to the right and i shot at what i believe were his lungs. He immediatly took off running straight out of the revene. Me made it about 2/3 of the way up (150yds), then i stopped hearing him running and didn't see him anymore. I shot him from about 25 yards. I waited 20 minutes and grabbed my flash light to investigate the are where i shot him, i found nothing. I went out this morning around 7:00 to recover the deer. I found no blood trail leaving the area of where i shot. I kept searching and eventually found an area that was filled with blood. The blood was bright red and there was a ton, about a 10 foot trail about 2ft wide. I i trailed it down from where he came from for about 15ft then lost it, i went back up and trailed it up the hill about 10ft and then that was it. Nothing.... i have searched for hours and found nothing. I am an ethical hunter and i want to do all things in order to recover this deer even though the meat is spoiled anyway because of our 45 degree weather. It was a big buck that i have been following for three years and i really would like to find him, i am just out of ideas guys. Any Help?