HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 7 - The Blood Trail Posse
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 08:26 AM
WIbuckchaser
Nontypical Buck

Wednesday morning at 11:30 I was hunting some public land and had an 8pointer come in about 30 yards out of range. Thursday morning I set up on the same trail but about 400 yards away and at 9:00 the same buck showed up but this time he gave me a shot. The buck was looking at me when he stepped into my shooting lane so I decided not to make any sound to stop him, that was probably a mistake because I hit him in the guts. I let him go until noon and then we started tracking. We jumped the buck once but he wasn't going too fast so we new he was in rough shape. We found the blood again and we tracked him another 50 yards when he got up about 20 yards away from us so my buddy ran over to him and grabbed him by the antlers and held him so I could put another arrow through the lungs. It was quite a sight but it did the job. I wouldn't recommend trying that by the way. My buddy had all he could do to hold him.
I will get a score of the rack shortly. The two busted off points are not going to help any.