HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The proverbial blind thread
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 08:08 AM
accman
Fork Horn

I'm in a pop-up blind this year, and I've noticed the does really picked up that I was there. I heard them just as they were coming in behind me, walked about 15 yds away from me, and snorted right away, and took off. Ran about 15 yds, turned and snorted some more, and took off over the hill. Then, out in front of me, two more came out from farther down, ran right to the last spot where the others stopped and snorted, looked around for a minute, looked right at the tent, snorted and took off. I thought "Christ, what did I put on this morning, eau de smelly human or something or what?". Then about a half hour later, a three pointer walks right up from behind me, takes the same path, as the first two does, and couldn't care if I was there or not. Walked all around the area, right in front, bout 10 yds, and casually walked off. About an hour later a small six comes out of the hole in front, walks into the area, and casually walks right where the does snorted, and carried on, and couldn't care less, but walked on a higher route where I couldn't get a shot.

I think the older bucks and does will recognize something out of place and be wary. But, it all depends on the rut. If your in the middle of the rut, and the bucks are moving, they're not paying attention at all.