HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NY Coydogs and deer
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 05:22 PM
TRACKER
Typical Buck

Default NY Coydogs and deer

Well I had not seen a coydog al season , Our NY early bow started Sept, 27th Ive been hunting almost everyday since .
We have 2 weeks of bow , one week of muzzleloader and then rifle goes until first week of Dec,
Anyways as I said not a coydog around until I started using tinks 69.
Abought a week ago at prime time early morning out pops a coydog , from the woods and into the field .I let him walk .
Then a couple days later almost same time same place , out pops what looked like the same coydog ( hes big ),I let him walk .
Then yesterday same thing ,I let him walk .
But Next time he wont .
So this morning I,m sitting in my stand, 20 minutes after light I here crack , snap etc, in the woods comming at an angle towrds me ,
I,m thinking November 7th here comes some deer . NOPE ...
Here comes on a dead run 2 coydogs .
I reach down in my bag and grap my rabbit in distress call , but no luck,, I only seen 2 fawns abought an hr later ...
This afternoon I tried another stand ,
Well abought the last 1/2 of prime time something cought my attention abought 80 yards away,
Yup you guessed it a coydog,
He was trying to drag something, and after looking threw my scope I notice it was a dead deer .
Well this time it wasnt so lucky.
One shot from my Browning 270 short mag and he was done .
I hated to shoot at prime time but enough was enough .
After looking at the deer I figure its been dead foe at least a week or so .
IT had all itsd bone structure, most of its hide but all internals and meat were eaten .
Not realy sure if it was a muzzleloader deer shot and not found , poached, hit by car or ?
Not a lot of hunters in my area , at least that close by me .
I usualy get some a$$ dropping off a couple deer carcases in the ditch of edge of my property that real atracts the coydogs ..
Sorry just vamping I guess ..
Suppose to be prime time aound here to tag a nice buck , but things like this realy plays havoc on your hunt...