HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sleepless Night Anyone???
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Huntingtherut
Fork Horn

Default Sleepless Night Anyone???

Well, it looks as if I will be having a sleepess night. Hit a buck tonight and backed out until tomorrow. He came in on a string to my Tinks 69. I got him to stop at 20 yards and hit him a little far back. At impact (Horton Crossbow with Rage 3 blade) he jumped and ran about 15 yards. Then walked slowly stopping every few feet. Never ran at all. Lost sight of him about 75 yards out. As he walked away, it didnt look real far back or in the middle of the deer, but more forward than back. Waited two hours before even looking for my arrow. Found arrow with no blood on it, but there was stomach matter on it. After about 40 yards, blood on both sides of trail, but also some stomach slime. Bleeding well where he stopped every few feet. Lost blood at about same spot I lost a visual. Angle was pretty steep so im thinking the hole may have gotten filled with matter. Decided to back out and start over in the morning. Called off work tomorrow and wont stop looking untill I find him. Any thoughts???