HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wish us luck...(Updated)
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 01:06 PM
northms
Spike

Default Wish us luck...(Updated)

Well 10 days from now my brother and I, along with an older hunting buddy will be taking my disabled Dad for a primitive weapon gun hunt here in MS. He was the one who introduced my brothers and I to hunting years back and had been the patriarch of our hunting camp up until 5 years ago when he suffered a stroke that has disabled the majority of the left side of his body.

His longterm memory is perfect it is just his short term memory that lacks, but then again whose doesn't. Due to his handicaps we have only been able to take him out hunting about 3 times over the last few years but he hasn't been able to bag a deer yet. November the 13th we are planning on taking him out again that afternoon to try his luck again. We use a low recoil gun along with a sand bag in a shoot house to help him shoot with his good, right arm.

Say some prayers for us that he gets a shot at one and hopefully bags a deer. I know it would make his year to get his own deer since he lives hunting season now through my brothers and mine's successes instead of his own.

It is sure to be an emotional hunt. Good luck to everyone else out there as the gun seasons begin to start.

Last edited by northms; 11-14-2010 at 09:00 PM.