HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anybody have to look away as their deer dies?
Old 11-02-2010, 06:22 AM
doall hunter
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kswild
Are you kidding me? Are you saying that you cannot bare to fully experience the consequences of your actions? How can looking away be thought of as respect for the animal you just killed? As mohunter09 stated there might be a need for a second shot to end unneeded suffering. I think it is the hunters responsibility to make sure the animal is killed quickly, cleanly, with as little suffering as possible. I watch to make sure this is accomplished and I don't look away because of my respect for the animal. It is my duty to see it through to the end.
Live it up! Doug
I definantly Agree With you. I wrote a research paper on why hunting is needed in today's society(got a 93 from a teacher who was not a fan for hunting, Said, "I opended her eyes") One of my points was that its a hunters reponsibility to take a clean ethical shot. Rather than a wolf or other predator take the animal down and start eating it while it is still alive. I also understand your point of the situation where you couldnt take another shot. Could you have gotten out of the stand?