HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Insulated Rubber Boots??
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 03:29 AM
Champlain Islander
Dominant Buck

I usually don't have my pants on the inside of the mucks. That would be one disadvantage IMO on the Mucks. If you like to tuck the pants into the boot the tightness of the neoprene might make that uncomfortable. One of the reasons why they are so warm is they fit snuggly around your leg below the knee and keep everything warm not letting the warm air out. On the flip side I don't find that my feet sweat in them as bad as the LaCrosse for some reason. The area above the ankle on the mucks is far stiffer than the laCrosse. All the laCrosse failures usually come at that place where they bend with the stepping movement. The older LaCrosse seemed to last for years but the newer China made rubber always seem to crack where the boot bends. I have 5 pair of LaCrosse of various weights and uses and now 3 of them are cracked all in the same area in the front or on the side above the ankle. I tried the Cabelas brand rubber boot and got about 14 months of use and they cracked. Luckily they sent me a refund and that is when I tried the Mucks. I am on my second year with them and used them all hunting season last year and all winter ice fishing. They still are in great shape.