HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anybody have to look away as their deer dies?
Old 11-01-2010, 07:07 PM
gun870guy
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigcountry
No, doubt, I feel a touch of sadness every time. God help the soul who doesn't. Its normal, and I believe its healthy. Those who don't, well keep your children away from them. Mentally they cannot be trusted and probably shouldn't be allowed hunting. Same as Jeffery Dahmer, these folks are akin to those who get off brutalizing dogs and cats.

Even pope and young, wrote in thier journals as they downed a lion, "we felt a touch of sadness as such a magnificent animal dies".
I have 3 kids, I'm not a serial killer, and yet when I shoot something I feel nothing but impatience. It's time that could be spent processing deer.. the more it thrashes, the more blood buildup in the meat. I don't feel sorrow, I am thankful for the food, but getting it from me and thrashing around for a second or drawing a harsh breath is much better than dying slowly of disease, Coyotes, or poachers... I do not feel remorse for the cow which graces my grill why would I for something which I consciously set out to kill...