HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anybody have to look away as their deer dies?
Old 11-01-2010, 09:13 AM
doetrain
Nontypical Buck

I watched my first deer buckle at the knees as he tried to get up but could not then layed his head down and died. I had compassion toward him but I was glad he went quick and right there 60 to 70 yards away. My doe this weekend took longer because I took a tough shot and she went 400 yards before bleeding out. My consolation was that I had success in tracking her and that she did not lay rotting somewhere in a ditch for the vultures or yotes. Caring about living creatures is a virtue not a vise but as Doug said and others put another arrow in it to end that prolonged period of death. I tried to get another arrow in mine but when I bumbed her I had no shot and had to back out for another hour or so. It was tough seeing the buck that was chasing her standing over the top of her when I found her. And add to that the fact that she died within 25 or so feet of where my buck died last year. Now on to the next doe hunt and a better shot this week. Good Hunting To Ya!