HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anybody have to look away as their deer dies?
Old 10-31-2010, 11:34 PM
kswild
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Maddog10
I figured I would get more responses like yours kswild, honestly. I agree that we are responsible for making it a clean and quick death, and luckily I have been fortunate. Really it was just the sounds of the deer that bothered me. Like I said, it only lived for a minute or maybe two at the most, and I knew I put a really good shot on him and he was in a position where I couldn't shoot him again. At that point I had done all I could do. All that was left to do was to watch him die. I agree that it is part of the experience, and it is definitely needed to get the full experience of harvesting an animal... It's just not my favorite part I guess.
I just wanted to make sure you know that I'm not putting you down for what you feel. Undoubtedly I will get flamed for being kinda harsh but really I'm just seasoned to the fact that such is life and death. If I cause the death of an animal I want to see it through and celebrate the life giving meat of the harvest that this animal provides. I just feel I owe the animal that. I not saying that you should like that part of it. Having compassion for the animals you hunt is a good thing. Have a good season!
Live it up! Doug