HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Homemade E-Callers parts, guides, etc
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 10:48 PM
nyorange
Fork Horn

$23.00 for mine.
Just got it today. Went to "odd lot closeouts" store in nyc at lunch time. the one on Duane street if anyone is interested.
Picked up a no name 2gb mp3 player, identical to old ipod nano for 14.99 and a round battery powered speaker for 6.99.Downloaded a bunch of mp3 files from the internet and got my setup. Doesn't go really loud as speakers are only powered by 4 AAA but it should be fine for distress sounds of smaller rodents rabbits etc.
Going to see how it works and try out the whole coyote calling thing etc. If I enjoy it then I will consider a more expensive dedicated caller but this thing works great(to my ear in my home) and much better then the 5 call electronic handheld my friend has and we have gotten the coyotes to respond to that. Biggest problem will be picking out what files to put on it and their order. If it turns out I need a remote I'm going to buy a 100ft roll of speaker wire for 5 bucks and see how that works.
If it turns out to be totally useless I will give the ipod clone to my kidsand I'll only be out 25.00. If it works and I end up enjoying predator hunting I will definitely consider one of the big dollar units. Also took one one of the kids old toys, its a little furry puppy that sort of hops up and down and goes yip yip and then flips over when you push a button on the controller.Doesn't flip over anymore and just sort moves around and falls over but it sshould be fine. The controller is connected to the puppy by a 4-5 ft wire that looks like a leash. Will use some extra wire to extend the length of the "leash". got a caller and decoy for next to nothing and actually having fun setting this stuff up. I'll post any results and will probably get out in two weeks or so. Gotta take the kids trick or treating this weekend. take care all.

forgot to add that I decommisioned the speaker in the puppy.

Last edited by nyorange; 10-27-2010 at 10:53 PM.