HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hey guys, look at this crap, are they stupid?
Old 10-27-2010, 11:22 AM
accman
Fork Horn

Here in yonkers, the coyotes and deer population is getting way out of hand. Just 10 miles from NYC, I've seen 3 coyotes already, not to mention friends I know that had two of them in his front yard yesterday. This is a heavily populated area were talking about, and the Town of Rye just had a 6 year old girl attacked by two coyotes in Sept. www.huffingtonpost.com/.../rye-coyote-attack-girl-6-_n_626909.html - Cached
(Don't know if this will work, but it's worth the try)
In Westchester county, it's bow only. But there's no hunting south of the cross westchester expressway, and their populations are just out of control. For christ's sake, I can't even practice taking shots in my back yard with a bow cause it's illegal to take out a bow in public in Yonkers. I guess they're waiting for some poor little kids to get injured or worse before they do anything about it.
They could give out bow tags to hunters who have to qualify they can shoot, donate the money to feed the homeless, donate the deer meat to them too, and the state could reward the hunters for every coyote picked off. Let's see....... Win, Win, Win, Oh, and by the way, they could double the reward for every PETA lover pelt they get their hands on too.

Last edited by accman; 10-27-2010 at 11:26 AM.