HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sweaty.. Like shooting myself in the foot?
Old 10-26-2010, 12:59 PM
louie6014
Fork Horn

Default Sweaty.. Like shooting myself in the foot?

Ive been hunting a 50 acre thickly wooded area, mostly low land that has deer pouring down a creek channel/ powerline crossing into my hunting ground. Ive hunted a dozen or so times this year w/a bow. Some times from the ground and mostly in a climber stand. Well the weather in NC hasnt been the greatest, little on the warm side. By the time I haul all my crud into the woods, down the steep ravine, Im already perspiring, and after the 15-20' climb up the tree my hat gets a good ban of sweat, and my body a light coat. Drys up quick as my camos light and ventalated. But the hat stays moist. I use scent eliminations (wash,spray,deoderant, bakingsoda for toothpaste). Is this little amount of sweat like a stay away beacon to the deer? I also walk these grounds 2 -3 times a week, checking on a camera, and some times drop a gallon or 2 of corn off infront of it. On a side note, the wind down there gos all over, gusts randomly. And Ive had deer come in on me once during a hunt (too far to shoot). Another time a 4pt came right under my stand (in light rain) and I wasnt able to recover that deer. Might have to buy my venison this year lol

Last edited by louie6014; 10-26-2010 at 01:02 PM.