HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ten Point X-Bow Failure
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Mojotex
Nontypical Buck

Unhappy Ten Point X-Bow Failure

My 3-Year old Ten Point X-Bow prematurely fired on on me Saturday afternoon. I thought that had cranked it to full draw, but apparently had not. When I tried to shoot a fat doe that was right in front of me at 15 yards or so, nada. The trigger had zero tension. I examined the X-Bow and in my infant wisdom, determined that somehow I had not brought the bow to full-draw. Using the hand cranked accu-draw, I carefully proceeded to pull the cable back again. The X-Bow trigger-release mechanism came to a different geometry that I figured was the "fully drawn" position. I then was in the process of releasing tension on the cable when it fired, slinging the draw yoke out into the food plot some 75 yards, breaking both drawing cables ... and scaring the pee out of me. What mystifies me most about this event was that the dual safety system had to be some how rendered ineffective, as well as their anti dry-fire design, as well as the bow being "triggered". I have sent the X-Bow back to Ten Point and am awaiting their findings. Their tech folks were very nice and obviously interested in this failure.

Mean time folks, keep them pinkies below the rail !

Last edited by Mojotex; 10-19-2010 at 05:15 PM. Reason: To remove unaccepted work and substitute "draw"