HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what weirdest thing that has happen to you while hunting?
Old 10-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Down&OutHunting
Fork Horn

Where to start. Shotgun season one year here in Illinois i was sitting in my stand when all of a sudden i hear something coming so i get ready had my gun resting on the railing and everything. I then see a glimpse of brown and i started to get that feeling when all of a sudden pops out a teenage kid wearing a brown pair of coveralls with no orange on what so ever. Kid about **** when he looked up to see a loaded gun pointing down on him. Hes lucky i make sure of what im shooting at before i actually shoot.

We farm in a sub division and we have a 26ac. woods on the outside of the sub division. Its just one of those woods where all the neighborhood kids go and hang out and build tree stands etc. Well i have a stand hung pretty close to 2 peoples back yards and on one evening hunt im sitting and i hear some walking i look behind me to see what it is and i see a girl and boy walking hand in hand. Lets just say they didnt know i was there and the guy got her shirt off before i let them know i was there. Ive also seen kids playing paintball and people walking there dogs through the woods. The deer are so used to people in the area that they dont really get bothered anymore.