HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what weirdest thing that has happen to you while hunting?
Old 10-18-2010, 03:52 PM
jessetjames
Spike

two years ago on a evening hunt i was sitting in my tree and all of a sudden wack!! i look up and 2ft above me sits this owl. i just sit there shaking and scared to death hopping it doesn't see me spook and start tearing the crap out of me. I was like that for 5 minutes and then it just took off and flew away. that was one scary experiance but probably something that will never happen again.

Sunday night three guys walked into the field 80 yards behind us looking at this dead doe(wasn't there last week and i spotted it on the way in it was strange. i think i might move it tomorrow so it doesn't frighten the deer while hunting) any ways after looking at it they start walking towards my stand and me and my buddy were kinda nervous because i thought i might not be on the land owners land (turns out i was). Any ways they get to 15 yards and one says look a deer hunter the other guy then yells up if we seen anything and then the third yells at us that its to hot to be hunting. after bout 3 minutes or so they just turned around and left. Weird thing was is they were like in there 60s or so. needless to say i saw nothing that night. definitely wasn't a happy camper after that experience.