HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what weirdest thing that has happen to you while hunting?
Old 10-18-2010, 08:04 AM
Krypt Keeper
Typical Buck

There is a good thread on archery talk about strange things. People have seen everything from aliens to Cupacharo (sp) and bigfoot. Long read but good and funny alot of times.

Mine happened last yr sitting in the stand before sunrise. Now personally I don't believe in ghosts, goblins, and crap like that and never have.

But sitting there one morning got some moonlight to see just a small amount I see this faint orange glow kinda like a flashlight with the batteries dying. It just sits there and slowly twinkles for a few minutes and then gone. About 5 minutes later it appears again about 5 yards to the left. Glows only for a minute and gone, never saw it again. The sun started to creep up and I can clearly see where the glow was at and there is nothing there but ground and bush. Don't have a clue what it was, and don't bother me any, I still sit in the same spot.

another was 15 yrs ago in the mountains of Va. I was with my brother in law and his moms boyfriend. We are sitting at camp and the boyfriend isn't back yet for lunch. A truck pulls up near camp and hear a shot go off. We then hear a bullet whizzing through the air, it hits the tree at camp that we got a coleman propane stove next to sitting on a table. The bullet drops out of the tree hits a pot lid sitting on the table and hits the ground. truck drives by and waves. A few minutes later the boyfriend walks out asking if we just shot at something. We tell him what happened, then a car pulls up and 30 seconds later we hear them slam the trunk shut. They pull by us wave and the whole time you hear a deer kicking the crap out of the trunk.

we got the tag number and called the game warden when we got of the mountain and got to a phone.