HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cabelas dry plus rain gear
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 12:14 PM
davidmil
Dominant Buck

Now that really sucks. A couple points. First off, if it doesn't say Goretex I don't buy it anymore. Buy something from LLBean and they warranty it FOREVER. My buddy just got a new pair of slippers to replace some he bought 15 years ago. LOL

Back to Cabelas. I've bought a lot of stuff from them but never returned anything other than for size fit. I'm sorry to hear they're word is not their way of doing business. Recently I wanted to buy a good, I mean real good, fly fishing jacket for rainy weather. They didn't have what I needed in stock and they had a lot of this "100% waterproof"...NOT GORETEX. I've tried 3 pairs of NOT Goretex boots or shoes over the years. NONE of them lasted 2 months. I'm thinking their Dry Plus is a cheap knock off to make them more money and now they're not backing up their warranty claims. If their damn stuff is only good for one hunt, one year or whatever.... that's what they should say. I was involved in the garment industry for years. If their Lifetime warranty is only good for 1 year that's what they should say.

I got my new fly fishing jacket from a fly shop in Bozman, Montana. It's Simms, it's Goretex, it's expensive.... but I know these people will back it up. They don't claim a LIFETIME warranty so 5 or 10 years from now I expect I'd have to buy a new one. Since Cabelas claims LIFETIME.... they should replace or give you back your money.

I think Bass Pro, Cabelas and all these big stores have gotten greedy. They're not the bargains they were when they were trying to build a customer base. I find I can pretty much beat or match their prices locally most of the time. I still buy from them because I can do it from the phone or computer. I may have to rethink that.

Last edited by davidmil; 10-15-2010 at 12:17 PM.