HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dang gun hunters
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 04:42 PM
schester14
Fork Horn

I know some of the state hunting lands in DE and they are just like the ones in MD. Trust me I am getting very frustrated over on my side of the state line as well. Just yesterday I was hunting in a bow only area of Fair Hill, MD. I was in my stand nice and early in an area that I had been scouting heavy and seeing a lot of action. Expecting to have a nice peaceful hunt to myself where my work paid off was the wrong answer. About a half hour after I got in the stand another guy sets up FIFTY yards from me. I was frustrated but let that go for awhile, because afterall....I am hunting public land. The tipping point was when I heard twigs breaking straight up a deer trail from me. I knew it was the time of evening the deer had been moving so I got excited and positioned myself to draw back when the time came. After about 5 minutes of adrenaline pumping and checking out the brush..........out pops a two-legged animal with a bow and no treestand. This guy was clearly walking around the woods just hoping to jump one right before dark. Like I said, I understand that I hunt public land. Unfortunately, it is the only opportunity I have. you would just think that some guys would have some type of hunting etiquette. A little different than your situation but I feel your pain brother.