HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - cover scent on boots
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 05:34 AM
kswild
Typical Buck

Here is a bit of truth for ya! Over the years people in the hunting industry that sell "scent control products" have convinced hunters that you NEED to do all this stuff that involves using their products to be successful hunting. They have done their job well because as you can tell from this thread hunters now-days believe you NEED this stuff or your are not going to successfully kill your intended game animal. While anyone who spends time in the field (and I don't mean 4 hrs a couple of days a weekend) Know the truth. I wish Fred Bear was still around to be able to tell people the truth. If you watch footage of the founding fathers of hunting you will not see them spraying, dipping, or washing with any scent control products. Heck they didn't even have camo! And some of the trophy animals they took are still records today! You guys have blown this scent control thing way out of proportion. It's all about making money and some of you are buying into this lie. You can flame me if you want saying I only hunt a certain area or whatever else you want to say about me but the truth is that if you are being busted by game animals it is because you are doing something else WRONG like not playing the wind, or being seen or heard.... instead of worrying about animals smelling you change your hunting tactics, sneak, stealth, ambush, the element surprise, know the animal and how it lives,what it does where it eats, sleeps. Because I'll tell you the truth you can go out in your sponge BOB pj's after not showering for a month and if you know how to HUNT you'll kill and animal. This is the truth we need as hunters need to keep alive. Not all this scent control crap! Now say what you will.
Live it up! Doug