HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First year ever hunting, will he come back??
Old 10-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Unlocked
Spike

Well we are only going one at a time down there, either for a 4-5 hour morning hunt then an evening hunt maybe once a week, all alternating. We have one ladder stand at the moment so the setup is actually only there to get our feet wet. Ive seen one doe while hunting this piece of land and used the opportunity to see how much I could move, how much noise I could make etc.

The fact that we have only seen does and 1 spike then this guy walked up just kinda put a little twist in our original plans. If he were to be able to be taken, it would be a nice little victory for one of us.

Im the type person if I am going to do something, I do it all the way. Ive read the forums, Ive studied and watched and learned from others. Ive watched wildlife on many occasions from a first hand view. Just didnt know this early in the year(pre-rut for my area) if he would start to frequent the area like the spike has started to do since we have a decent flow of 6-8 doe coming through on a regular basis.

I know its a picture, but any rough estimate of his size giving the 2 foot diameter hole he is over?

and its in north west south carolina.